Do you wish to make a complaint?
At Lakeland Learning we welcome and encourage your feedback. You will be provided with many opportunities to give us your feedback, anonymously if you prefer, by completing our ‘Student Evaluation’ forms, participating in ‘Student Voice’ and by providing feedback to our independent External Reviewer. We encourage you to speak to your tutor, or the Director (Helen) about any issue at any time. You may bring a support person with you as well, or if a number of students share your concerns, you may wish to make a time to speak with your tutor or Helen together. Do not be afraid of raising an issue with us. We are here to help you and want to make your time with us as enjoyable and rewarding as possible. If you wish to make a complaint this is what you need to do:
- Speak to the staff member directly if you feel you can.
- If you feel you cannot speak to the staff member directly, speak to another staff member or to Helen about the complaint.
- If you feel you cannot speak to another staff member or Helen, you or a support person may contact one of our Advisory Board members. Contact details are available on request from Helen. You will not be asked to give a reason for requesting this information.
- If the matter cannot be resolved, a mediator acceptable to both parties will be appointed who will make a binding decision.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome or the way in which your complaint has been handled and you may:
- Contact Talk-Meet-Resolve who is the appointed operator of the Domestic Tertiary Student Contract Dispute Resolution Scheme (DRS) to help learners and providers solve disputes. To do this visit their website at https://tedr.org.nz/
- Contact NZQA to enquire about making a formal complaint or to receive advice about the options available to you. To do this complete the online form at: https://www.nzqa.govt.nz/about-us/make-a-complaint/make-a-complaint-about-a-provider/complaint-enquiry-form/ Your completed form will be sent to NZQA’s Quality Assurance Division who will then assess the information you provide and inform you of the options available.
- Make a formal complaint to NZQA by completing the form available at https://www.nzqa.govt.nz/assets/Providers-and-partners/Code-of-Practice/formal-complaint-form.pdf or by contacting NZQA by Phone on 0800 697 296 and tell them you wish to make a complaint about a provider.
Depending on the nature of your concerns you could contact a different agency, such as:
- The Tertiary Education Commission on 0800 601 301 for travel allowance concerns.
- The Human Rights Commission on 0800 496 877 for discrimination concerns.
- WorkSafe New Zealand on 0800 030 040 or the New Zealand Police for someone’s safety being at risk.
- The Privacy Commissioner at https://privacy.org.nz/your-rights/making-a-complaint/ for concerns about how information about you has been stored or used.